Thursday, September 11, 2014

Ground Zero : September 11, 2010 : New York City

Here are the 35mm photographs from my visit to Ground Zero on September 11, 2010.

Police officers walk quietly past the spot where the World Trade Center Towers once stood.

The NYPD's Counter Terrorism Unit were on duty at Ground Zero.

A man armed with his megaphone speaks to a crowd of WTC visitors as they walk by. 2010 was the year of the big mosque protests that occurred near the WTC, and protestors both for and against the building on the mosque so near Ground Zero were a common sight.

A biker stops to watch as a crowd gathers near the Ground Zero Cross.

HATE

PEACE

A man wearing the American flag like a cape shrugs in front of Ground Zero, as if he was admitting to me that he didn't have the answers to all the questions I had swirling around in my brain after such a heavy day.

A view of the crowd in front of World Trade Center One. I stood here for a while and tried to imagine what the scene must have been like on that day in 2001. I was seeing it all right in front of me but I still couldn't really grasp the fact that it had really happened.

The Eternity Lights rise above the darkness in honor of all the victims of the September 11th attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment